Spanish Chicken Paella
Ingredients (Serve for 4):
- 400g peeled chicken, chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 200g Japanese pearl rice
- 600ml organic low sodium chicken soup, pre-heated
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 mixed vegetables, thawed
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil on a pan with medium-high heat. Stir-fry the chicken, add some salt and black pepper for seasoning. Set side.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and fry the onion until softened. Then add some tomatoes and red pepper and cook until softened. Add some paprika for seasoning.
- Add rice, hot chicken soup and turmeric powder, cook with high heat for 7 minutes. Stir the rice several times.
- Cook with low heat for 13 minutes, add mixed vegetables and chicken in the last 10 minutes. Do not stir the rice or cover the pan.
- Turn off the heat and cover the pan with tin foil or wok lid for 15-20 minutes, until the rice is softened.
- Add some salt or black pepper for seasoning. Ready to serve.